Just a theory, of course, but I felt like it was worth it to change the mailing address on the applications to my office address. At the last showing, I waited for the new tenants outside the duplex (like always), but then simply didn’t disclose that I lived there. I even gave a quick knock on the door to the apartment before going in. I think that they did seem a bit more comfortable checking the place out and envisioning themselves there; it probably made me seem more like a legitimate landlord too. I walked them outside afterwards, and got in my car and drove away (and took a walk in a park nearby before going back home). No applications yet; they were looking at one more place this week… Either way, I feel better about showing the apartment this way. Let’s see if it works!
- The apartment is officially for rent
- Big changes ahead -- moving from "owner-occupied duplex" to just "duplex"
- Sorry, I have a maximum of 3 people for that unit
- Showing the apartment
- Here come the craig's list scams again...
- Apartment showings = time
- Apartment showings--six in one day!
- Advertisting (and the traffic counter miracle of 2006)
- My ad is up, I'm getting inquiries. I never realized that there were so many, er, interesting people in the world.