- Pine Sol (or some other all-purpose cleaner)
- Comet or Ajax Scouring powder(my plumbing fixtures are too old to require Soft-Scrub)
- Windex, 409, or another all-purpose glass and surface cleaner
- Oven Cleaner (the fumes are a bonus, or a drawback, depending on your disposition)
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Resolve Carpet Cleaner
- Good Old Fashioned Chlorine Bleach (good for getting old porcelain sinks and tubs looking white(er) again, after a thorough scouring with the comet and a brush)
- CLR — good for removing rust stains from old porcelain fixtures, but I ONLY use it in places where the finish is already gone. Otherwise, the CLR can actually remove the finish. Use with care.
- Lysol Mildew Remover
- Goof Off (good for removing adhesives and paint from oil-varnished woodwork)
And, of course, a good supply of paper towels, some rubber gloves, rags, a mop and bucket, scouring brush, a broom, and vacuum cleaner.
Oh, if my mother could only see me now…